It’s been a while since I’ve sat down to really enjoy books all year round – school has had the better part of my time for the past four years. I’ve finally got a few months off and a year that’s busy but not entirely taken, so what better way to spend it than ticking 10 books off of my TBR pile?
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard I started reading Red Queen close to its release date and this sequel didn’t come out for some time, so by the time it was published, I had forgotten the entire story!! I haven’t heard the same raving reviews about book 1 and 2 as I did with Red Queen, but I’m definitely going to give it a shot.
- Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare I’m currently re-reading The Mortal Instruments, so I can’t wait to dive into the world again, including her short stories from the Bane Chronicles and this.
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare Another C.C. book! Last time I read her novels, the dark artifices was pure speculation and now that the entire trilogy is published, I need to get my hands on it.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern I received this title about 3 years ago… I really need to get into the right mood for reading it though. I get the feeling it’s a little bit off of the beaten track.
- Torment by Lauren Kate I read and loved Fallen a long time ago, but never purchased the rest of the series, so I’m looking forward to finishing it. The story reminds me a lot of Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, which I L O V E D!!
- Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella Sophie is honest to God one of the best chill-book authors I’ve ever read. I started with her Shopaholic series years and years ago, but didn’t buy Shopaholic to the Stars when it came out, because I was in my YA dystopia phase and didn’t have time for chick flicks haha – can’t wait to re-read the series and then get on board with the new additions.
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray I bought this because I’ve heard a little bit about it in this community and I loved the title, plus the synopsis sounded kind of interesting, but never got around to cracking the spine… maybe it’ll be a great summer read?
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins This series gives me DIMILY (Estelle Maskame) vibes, which I can totally get on board with. Can’t wait to delve into this by the beach.
- The Heir by Kiera Cass Yet another unfinished series… I feel in love with the uniqueness of The Selection (mixed dystopia with royalty, from memory) and can’t wait to reread it in its entirety.
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff To end this list on a bang, I want to mention this insanely jaw-dropping series. This is a book you have to read in paperback to get the full experience. I read Illuminae a while ago, and then life got in the way when Gemina was published.
2019 looks like a great year for reading, I can’t wait to share it on this blog!