To arrive at this topic, I asked my awesome Instagram followers to suggest some themes, so here’s this week’s T10T topic: 10 of my least favourite characters in all of the books I have read.
- Beatrice Prior, Divergent I personally thought that Tris was too reliant on other people for a Dauntless and Abnegation girl. Tobias always had to be at her side, to keep her out of harm’s way (and even then, she managed to make silly decisions).
- Rixon, Hush Hush Saga Come on, is there one person on this planet that did like this evil, back-stabbing guy? I don’t believe that Rixon needs an explanation.
- Elara Merandus, Red Queen The perfect villain and the worst queen. She’s so evil and rude towards Mare, and she truly believes that she has the right to enter other people’s heads, just because she’s of great nobility. I think that no one should have this right, and this is why I do not like Queen Elara one tiny bit.**
- Evangeline Samos, Red Queen Oh my, Evangeline was at the receiving end of my (imaginary) death stares throughout the entire book! She was rude and heartless and completely undeserving of the title of ‘Future Queen’. I also disliked the way that she turned many of the Queenstrial ‘applicants’ against Mare.**
- Valentine Morgenstern, The Mortal Instruments Valentine literally ruined Jonathan’s life before he lived. Jonathan was meant to be a lovely guy, but instead of letting it be, Valentine ***SPOILER*** injected him with demon blood and created a devil of a man. In the seven minutes that Jonathan was Jonathan, we really got to understand that Jonathan was being controlled from within.
- Nathaniel Gray, The Infernal Devices Last but not least, we have the worst brother that anybody could ever wish for… The devious, betraying Nate who almost got HIS OWN SISTER KILLED. Wow. There are literally no positive aspects of this wicked villain.
- Jessica Betram, Confessions of a Shopaholic I’m not sure whether I was the only reader who found Jess to be annoying, but from ‘Shopaholic and Sister’ until the end of the series, I felt a strong hatred towards her and her ‘hippie’ ways. She was always trying to control Becky, even though they only knew each other for a tiny amount of time, and tried to change her lifestyle too much for my taste.
- President Coin, The Hunger Games The rebellion in this trilogy was meant to be for the greater good of the nation that Katniss lived in, however, with President Coin in charge, it was impossible for the world to live peacefully. Throughout Mockingjay, Coin did so many things that Katniss hated and that would be detrimental to the rebellion’s outcome.
- Brenda, The Maze Runner Oh my Gosh… Don’t even get me started on how awful Brenda is. Thomas was definitely meant to be with Teresa and she sunk the ship! I always felt that she was there purely to ruin their relationship, since she did nothing else to help the team.
- Wilson, Branded Oh… My… Patch… This guy was the most frustrating, evil, horrible and did I mention evil guy in this entire universe. Cole and Lexi are still one of my favourite ships, and all that this man cared to do was break it up… NO! No one can break Colexi!
** At this point in time, I am only on page 195 (around the half-way mark) of Red Queen, so if these two characters do something drastic and change their personalities, I wouldn’t know. These two characters are in my “Burn Book” 😉 while I’m at this point in time.
So now that I have got all of my hatred out, regarding my least favourite characters, you can tell me all about yours! Who are your top five least favourite fictional characters (from books)? Why do you dislike them so much?